Paul Ryan is the founding partner of Ryan Commercial Lawyers. Paul has for a number of years acted for property and hospitality clients in a wide range of matters.
Until the end of 2002, Paul was the National Practice Group Leader of the Property and Infrastructure Group and head of the National Liquor Group at national firm Corrs Chambers Westgarth. Paul was later a Partner of Ryan Maloney Anderson before Ryan Commercial Lawyers was established.
Paul is officially accredited as an AFL Player Manager by the AFL Players Association. Paul is a former owner of the George Public Bar in Fitzroy Street, St Kilda.
Paul is experienced in all aspects of liquor licensing law. He represents and has represented major hotel groups, hoteliers, brewers, resort operators, packaged liquor outlets, clubs, supermarkets, wineries, nightclub owners, restaurateurs and industry bodies.
Paul has experience in all States and Territories through his role as a National Licensing Lawyer for National clients including Compass Group, AMF Bowling Centres, Accor Asia Pacific (including the Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure and Ibis brands) and Fosters Brewing Group.
Paul also handles residential and commercial property and contractual matters, retail and commercial leasing, town planning and sports law.
Paul is President of the historic StKilda Cricket Club in Cricket Victoria’s Premier Cricket Competition and Chairs the StKilda Sacred Heart Mission’s Mission Possible Committee.
Paul also Chairs the Law Institute of Victoria’s Liquor, Gaming and Hospitality Committee.
- Ryan Commercial Lawyers acted for over 50 Licensees which successfully obtained a stay of the 2am lockout Declaration at VCAT.
- Liquor licence applications for major hotel developments including the ALH Tavern at the Queen Victoria Development, Stamford Plaza Melbourne, the Novotel at Glen Waverley and the Duxton Hotel (now Rendezvous), Melbourne.
- Pelican Waters development at Caloundra.
- Obtaining Liquor Licence at Sydney Airport for Compass Group.
- Obtaining Liquor Licence at Melbourne Airport, International Terminal for Accor Asia Pacific at the Qantas First Class Lounge.
- Representing ALH/CUB/Foster’s in relation to liquor licensing and gaming matters generally and sales and purchases of hotels by ALH Group Pty Ltd and the drafting of the Liquor Licensing and Gaming aspects of the Fosters Compliance Manual.
- Regularly involved in hearings before the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) relating to applications for new liquor licences and variations to existing licences.
- Liquor Licensing, Property and Management Agreements for Accor Asia Pacific.
- Major contested proceedings and disciplinary proceedings before the Liquor Licensing Authority, VCAT and the Supreme Court.
- Negotiation and drafting of the Memorandums of Understanding between Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers Association.
Diana Ting is a Senior Associate at Ryan Commercial Lawyers having joined the firm in January 2012.
She successfully completed her Bachelor of Laws at Monash University having been awarded a Monash Achievement Award by the Faculty of Law and the Clayton Utz Prize for Torts (outstanding achievement).
She also holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree at Latrobe University. Before joining Ryan Commercial Lawyers, Diana worked in private practice in Melbourne where she acted, in a wide range of property, commercial and leasing transactions.
She has extensive experience in all commercial transactions, property transactions and retail leasing.
Diana’s experience allows her to understand and respond to the needs and expectations of any business.
She is an instructor at Leo Cussen Centre for Law in Commercial Practice for its’ Practical Training Course.
Diana is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria.
Outside of work, Diana has a passion for health and fitness, spin classes, power yoga and meditation.